Classic Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake - Life Hack
Mix a simple batter in a mug with a fork, using whatever ingredients you have in your cupboard, microwave for a few minutes, and zap! You have a heavenly, gooey cake to indulge in all by yourself.
For more recipes buy the book
- 1 slice of butter 1cm thick (30g)
- 6 squares of milk chocolate (30g)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbp caster sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla sugar or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4½ tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- In a mug: melt the butter with the chocolate in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds (800 watts).
- Beat the mixture until smooth, then allow it to cool slightly. One by one, whisk in the egg, sugar, vanilla sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Cook in the microwave for one minute 20 seconds (800 watts).
- Allow to cool for one minute before eating.