Slow cooker ribs
Super tender slow cooked ribs, with sticky barbecue sauce.
Perfect with a side of chips and crunchy coleslaw.Read More
- 1½ kg pork ribs
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 pork stock cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- Put 4 tbsp of barbecue sauce and the rest of the ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Top up with enough water to cover the ribs.
- Slow cook on Low for 8 - 9 hours until very tender, but not completely falling off the bone.
- Heat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas mark 7.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker using a slotted spoon or tongs. Handle them carefully as the meat will be very tender and may start to fall off.
- Baste with the remaining barbecue sauce and lay on a foil-lined oven tray. Cook for 20 – 30 mins until starting to crisp on outside.