Bring out the flavour of some delicious fresh salmon by steaming it with white wine and tarragon in a halogen oven.
- 2 Fresh Trimmed Salmon Fillet
- 1/4 Cup of White Wine
- Small Bunch of Fresh Tarragon (dried can also be used)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the salmon fillets in the centre of a large piece of foil.
- Sprinkle the top of each fillet with tarragon and place a small amount of butter in between the fillets. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully, bring the edges of the foil together to form a parcel, taking care not to disturb the salmon. Ensure the foil is raised up above the contents, so that the steam can circulate.
- Pour a small amount of wine into the parcel and then pinch the edges together to seal.
- Place the parcels on the low rack and cook at 200°C for 20-30 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove and carefully open the parcels (take great care as they will be full of steam) and pour all the juices into a pan.
- Continue to cook to your desired taste but do not over-cook as the salmon will become dry.
- Place the cooked salmon on a plate and pour the juices over to complete the dish.