Wondering how to cook beef in slow cooker? From age-old times, beef has been one of the most loved and consumed meat-type throughout the world. Beef is the world’s second most popular meat (33%) and there are many reasons behind this. If you are a Beef lover then maybe a perfect melt-in-the-mouth piece of Beef with nice seasoning will be the most luscious thing for your appetite.
Beef is a great source of protein, fat, and vitamins and minerals like VitaminB12, zinc, iron, and many more. However, have you ever tried mouth-watering beef prepared in a Slow cooker? This blog is just for you as here we will show you exactly how to cook beef in slow cooker to achieve scrumptious results.
What Is A Slow Cooker And How To Use It Perfectly:
A Slow cooker, also popularly called a crock-pot is an electrical kitchen appliance that is utilized for simmering at a lower temperature than the boiling point, and that is how it’s a different cooking method from baking, boiling, and frying. You can make sauce, stew or curry in this cooker but mostly it is used for long, moist cooking for hard and ordinary large cuts of meats like pork shoulder, beef, or brisket.
Meat, especially beef cooked slowly, is extremely moist, tender, juicy, and will melt in the mouth. It offers a healthy, low-fat cooking method and needs the least quantity of undertaking. If you are willing to an amazing Beef delight, just go for slow-cooking beef to explore the amazing meaty flavour.
Why not head to our website and see our range of sleek and elegant slow cookers that you can purchase today!
How to Cook Beef In Slow Cooker:
We know that sometimes cooking a hunk of beef could be time-consuming and also take lots of your energy. That is why the slow cooker is perfect for cooking beef. As it will cut down the preparation time of the dish and also you can be ready for slow cooking the night before.
- While preparing beef in the slow cooker, always select cheap cuts, like beef briskets. Also, you can take a smaller amount of meat, as the slow cooking takes out the meaty flavour. It helps to spread the flavours evenly.
- Always try to cut off the fat from the beef before putting it into the slow cooker, otherwise, there will be a lot of excess oil in your dish.
- When you prepare a beef recipe in a slow cooker, use one-third amount of water to it concerning the usual recipe, as water would not evaporate while cooking in a cooker.
- Try to cook the beef using the slow cooker at a low setting as the mild heat will help to bring out all the flavours and will make the meat juicier.
- While cooking beef using the slow cooker you can also add all the key ingredients together at the initial stage of the preparation.
Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
There are several numbers of amazing slow cooker beef recipes, like slow cooker beef stew, slow cooker beef goulash, slow cooker beef pot roast, slow cooker beef curry, and many more. But one of the most delicious and delightful slow cooker beef recipes is roast beef which will blow your mind with its amazing flavor and texture. So, here we will learn how to prepare this mouthwatering cooker-roast beef with a minimum amount of ingredients.
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipe Information:
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes.
- Cooking Time: 7 hours.
- Total Time: 7 hours 30 minutes.
- Difficulty: Moderate Level
- Cuisine: British
- Course: Main course
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 kg rolled beef brisket
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornflour.
- Some carrots were roughly chopped.
- 2 sticks of chopped celery.
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 tablespoons of mustard.
- 400 ml red wine
- 350ml beef stock.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- Sugar(As per taste)
- Salte( As per taste)
- Black Paper(As per taste)
- Firstly, season the beef brisket with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Dust pieces of beef with 1 to 2 tablespoons of cornflour. Then in a large frying pan, take 2 tablespoons of olive oil and put it on medium heat. When the oil is heated enough, put the beef into the oil and stir fry it well.
- Now, add the chopped carrot, sliced onion, chopped celery, and the mushroom to the bottom of the slow-cooked. Let it cook on a low flame.
- Now add the beef brisket on the top of the vegetables. Also, add the garlic, tomato sauce, pinch of sugar, mustard, and beef stock, and wine into the slow cooker. After that put the lid on and let it cook in the cooker for at least 7 hours.
- After 7 hours of slow cooking of the beef, put it on a baking tray for a little cooldown. Now roast the beef for a minimum of 20 minutes in the oven at 200°C temperature.
- While roasting the beef, spoon the liquid mixture out of the cooker and take it into a shallow pan. Now, reduce the liquid into a flavour-rich thick gravy.
- When the beef brisket is roasted enough, slice it and pair it with the gravy, roasted potato, and some green leafy salads.
Final thoughts about how to cook beef in slow cooker
- Now you know how to cook beef in slow cooker, please let us know how you get on and what recipes you decide to use or maybe even come up with yourself!