Spring is the perfect time of year to give your home a much-needed refresh. Lynsey Crombie, the Queen of Clean, has shared her spring-cleaning tips with us. Lynsey shows us the best way to bring your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom back to life in a few simple steps.
Colour coding keeps the cleaning system organized; you don’t want to be cleaning your sink with the same cloth that just scrubbed your toilet. Create your own coding scheme or use the one Lynsey created: Blue for the toilet, pink for the sink, green for glass, yellow for the light dusting, silver/grey for the stainless steel.
Hassle-free crease removal. Dual-use means it can be used for both upright steaming of hanging garments and flat ironing. Safe to use on delicate fabrics, soft cotton, silk and velvet, as well as curtains, sofas carpet and bedding using the detachable fabric brush.
Spray the Dettol all in one anti-bacterial spray on door handles, surfaces and fabrics. Lynsey suggests that you spray this product on the cloth and then clean the surfaces, rather than spraying directly onto a surface.
The Swan cordless steam press iron allows you to iron with complete freedom of movement and without the worry of tangled cords. Recharging this iron couldn’t be simpler, just replace the iron in any direction on the 360-base station for the iron to be recharged rapidly. A must have for those that hate the stress of ironing.
The Swan TurboPower Pet Extend upright vacuum cleaner, is ultra-lightweight and has a powerful suction. It is perfect for those looking for an effortless clean on carpets, rugs and hard floors and is specially designed for pet owners. It offers exceptional modern technology for high cleaning efficiency, and it really cleans down deep -picking up even the smallest of animal hairs and fluff.
1. Clean behind your sofa. Focus on your skirting boards and ensure there is no dust or cobwebs.
2. Clean your TV remote. Use a microfiber cloth and clean your TV remote as that can build up a lot of germs.
3. Wash your removable cushion covers. Take off your cushion covers and put them in the wash. Let them dry out outside.
4. Vacuum the floor and dust well. Plump your cushions and clear out any clutter.
5. Steam your sofa. Sofas contain lots of bacteria and germs because we all spend so much of our time sitting on them! The Swan Garment Steamer kills up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria on surfaces. This is a great way to keep your sofa fresh and looking new.
1. Don’t forget to clean the top of cupboards, handles, baseboards, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
2. Clean your extractor fan and remove any built-up grease. Fill your sink with warm water and white wine vinegar. Submerge your extractor fan in the sink to remove grease and mould.
3. Clean plugholes. Fill up your kettle and pour boiling water down your plug.
4. Clean the hob.
5. Wipe inside the microwave.
1. Focus on the hotspot germ areas. For example, light switches, toilet handle, pull cord, extractor fan and limescale on taps and showerhead.
2. Give the toilet an extra deep clean
3. Declutter cupboards and check the expiry date on all products.
4. Deep clean your showerhead. If you can, unscrew your showerhead. Place into a sandwich bag with white wine vinegar to remove limescale. If your showerhead cannot be detached, drench a paper towel in white wine vinegar and carefully wrap this around the showerhead.
5. Mop the floor last to ensure your bathroom is sparkling clean.
1. Use the Swan Garment Steamer steamer to refresh soft toys, cushions and bedding.
2. Move beds and furniture to vacuum underneath them.
3. Use a feather duster to clean cobwebs and any dust that has settled on surfaces.
4. Use a damp cloth to pick the dust up, rather than pushing the dust around.
5. Declutter wardrobes and drawers. Donate any unwanted clothes to charity and tidy up your drawers.