Air-Fryer Carrot Coffee Cake
Carrot Coffee Cake Recipe65 Mins
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 240ml buttermilk or just plain milk
- 68g of sugar plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 85g all-purpose flour
- 27g white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g shredded carrots
- 30g dried cranberries
- 40g chopped walnuts, toasted
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 6-in. round baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, 1/3 cup sugar, oil, brown sugar, orange zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into egg mixture. Fold in carrots and dried cranberries. Pour into prepared pan.
In a small bowl, combine walnuts, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Gently place pan in the basket of a large air fryer.
Cook until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cover tightly with foil if top gets too dark. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.