Simple Turkey Curry
Turkey Curry Recipe40 Mins
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (orange and red)
- 500g British turkey breast steaks, cut into short wide strips (if using cooked leftovers add to the wok when you add when simmering)
- 200g green beans, halved
- 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 5tbsp Patak’s korma curry paste
- 3tbsp spicy mango chutney
- 200ml hot chicken stock
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2tbsp toasted flaked almonds
Heat the oil in a pan.
Cook onions and peppers for 3-4 mins, until the onion is golden and peppers softened.
Stir in the turkey and curry paste, and cook, stirring, for a couple of mins (hold back turkey if already cooked).
Add the beans, tomatoes, mango chutney, stock, coconut milk (and cooked turkey) and simmer for 10 mins. Stir through coriander, sprinkle with almonds and season before serving with rice and chapattis.
Now sit back with a wine or beer in-front of the TV and enjoy your turkey curry slow cooker surprise - go on you deserve it. Not in the mood for curry? Use that leftover meat to make these Festive Turkey Toasties, packed with delicious cranberry and brie!