Read on for our specially selected Christmas cocktails for grownups (but don’t worry, you can swap out alcohol for these recipes if you want to make mocktails!).
Christmas Cocktails To Make At Home:
Mulled Apple Cider
Yes, I’m sure you have heard of mulled wine, but a cider alternative is like a warm apple pie, sweet, tart and finished with toasted spice. All you need now is a crackling log fire!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
• 1 litre still cider
• 1 glass of good quality apple juice
• 6 cloves
• 4 cinnamon sticks
• 200ml sloe gin
• 1 or 2 sliced oranges
• Honey or sugar to taste
• Pour 1 litre of still cider into a saucepan and add a glass of good apple juice.
• Add 6 cloves and 4 cinnamon sticks, cover, and bring slowly to the boil.
• As soon as it starts to simmer turn off the heat and add 200ml sloe gin (optional, but highly recommended) and 1 or 2 sliced oranges.
• For those with a sweet tooth, add a little honey or sugar. Enjoy hot with a cinnamon stick and orange slice to serve.
Nothing feels like Christmas without fizz! Add a little sparkle to your prosecco with zesty clementine.
Cook Time: 10 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
• 1 x 75cl bottle Prosecco
• Juice of 6 clementine’s
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 100g caster sugar
• 6 tbsp Campari or Aperol, to taste
• Orange peel
•For the syrup, in a pan, mix the juice of 6 clementine’s and ½ lemon with 100g caster sugar.
•Slowly bring to a simmer, stirring all the time until the sugar’s dissolved.
•Increase the heat and bubble the mixture for 5 minutes until the texture of thin honey. Leave to cool, then chill.
•To serve, pour a little chilled clementine syrup into champagne flutes, followed by a dash of Campari or Aperol. Top up with a bottle of chilled Prosecco and stir.
•If your feeling fancy, finish with an orange peel twist!
If you love sweet, creamy cocktails this cocktail is ideal for you, elevate your espresso martini with gingerbread sparkle.
Prep Time: 10 mins
• 200g Brown Sugar
• 240ml Water
• 3 Tbsp treacle
• 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Ground Ginger
• 1/2 tsp Allspice
• 170ml Vanilla Vodka (optional)
• 30ml Irish cream liquor (optional)
• 4 Tbsp Cream
• Gingernut biscuits crushed for garnish
• Whipped Cream
• For the gingerbread syrup – combine brown sugar, water, treacle, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in small pot and heat on medium-high until simmering, whisking until brown sugar dissolves. Then let cool.
• Combine gingerbread syrup, vanilla vodka, hazelnut liquor and cream in a shaker filled with ice.
• Cover the rim of a martini glass with honey and ginger nut crumbs.
• In a mixing glass with ice, add vodka, coffee liqueur, Irish cream and gingerbread syrup.
• Shake and strain into chilled martini glasses
• Top with whipped cream and a gingerbread/gingernut biscuit and sprinkle with extra spice.
Nothing says Christmas like a vivid red cocktail. If you love margaritas, you will love this zingy cranberry infusion.
Prep Time: 10 mins
• 200ml tequila
• The juice of 1 lime
• 200ml cranberry juice
• 50ml triple sec
• 1 tsp clear honey
• Finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
• 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
• 1 tbsp granulated sugar
• Sprigs of rosemary
• Ice to serve
• Dip the rim of your glass into a plate of honey.
• In a saucer, combine the orange zest, salt and sugar, then turn the glasses upside down and dip them into the mixture.
• Chill the glasses before serving.
• In a cocktail shaker, combine the orange juice, tequila, lime juice, cranberry juice, triple sec and ice, and shake to combine.
• When the shaker starts to become cold to the touch, strain the mixture into your prepared glasses.
• Serve with a sprig of rosemary and enjoy!
Frozen Snowball Cocktail
A frozen take on a classic festive cocktail. Enjoy this a smooth and refreshing beverage.
• 50ml Advocaat
• 50ml sparkling lemonade
• Ice (Glass of)
• 10-15ml lime juice or lime cordial, (optional)
• Maraschino cherry to garnish
• Fill your blender with ice, advocaat and a splash of lime. Blend until the consistency of slush and top with lemonade, then give a gentle stir. Note – Do not add the lemonade while blending as it will lose the fizz!
• Finally, scoop into a cooled glass and garnish with a skewered maraschino cherry.
Have any plans for the holidays or planning on trying out a few of these tasty Christmas cocktails? We would love to see, share your festive pictures to us on social media at @SwanBrandUK!