Slow Cooker Summer Vegetable Soup
Slow Cooker Recipe40 Mins
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of Cannellini beans
- 200g long-grained white rice
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1.5l water or vegetable stock
- 20g fresh basil, roughly chopped
Combine all the ingredients apart from the rice and basil in your slow cooker, stirring as you do so. For this recipe, you’ll need a good-sized slow cooker – our 6.5l Retro Slow Cooker is a perfect choice. Of course, if your slow cooker is smaller, simply halve the ingredients to make 4 servings instead. Add a little salt and pepper to season.
Cover and cook on a low heat for 9-10 hours or on high for 4-5.
Add the rice and stir. Cover again and cook on high for 30 minutes. When it’s ready, the rice should be nice and tender, and the soup should be thick. Serve immediately or allow to cool first, depending on your preference.